The Windsor Constituency: Information and Links
The Windsor Constituency includes half the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead along with parts of the Borough of Bracknell Forest and the Colnbrook & Poyle ward of the Borough of Slough.
Council Wards in the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead within the Windsor Constituency (2019) Boundaries
Datchet, Horton & Wraysbury (WDHW); Eton & Castle (WEC); Old Windsor (WOW); Clewer East (WCE), Clewer & Dedworth East (WCDE); Clewer & Dedworth West (WCDW)
Council Wards in the Borough of Bracknell Forest within the Windsor Constituency (2010) Boundaries
Ascot (BFBC), Binfield with Warfield, Warfield Harvest Ride, Winkfield & Cranbourne.
Council Wards in the Borough of Slough within the Windsor Constituency (2010) Boundaries
Colnbrook with Poyle
Towns & Civil Parishes within the Windsor Constituency (2010) Boundaries
Binfield, Colnbrook with Poyle, Datchet, Eton (includes Eton Wick), Horton, Old Windsor, Sunningdale, Sunninghill and Ascot, Warfield, Winkfield and Wraysbury.
Windsor is within the Government English Region of the South East. The Government Office for the South East represents government in the region and develops regional policy.
The region coincides with the European Parliamentary Constituency of the South East. The website of the UK Office of the European Union explains the EU representation within the UK.
NHS Health Authority
The constituency is within the Thames Valley Strategic Health Authority. It is served by the East Berkshire Primary Care Trust. The main general hospitals in the area are King Edward VII in Windsor, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park in Slough, which are both run by the Heatherwood and Wexham Park Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. (NB Heatherwood and King Edward VII have no A&E facilities)
The constituency is served by the Thames Valley Constabulary and is in the Berkshire (East) Command and the Windsor and Maidenhead, Bracknell Forest and Slough local Police Areas. The Police areas are broadly the same as the borough council areas.
The constituency is within the Royal Berkshire Fire & Rescue Service Authority Area
- Berkshire Media Group - Observer Series - Royal Borough Observer (Windsor & Maidenhead), The Slough & Langley Observer
- Berkshire Media Group - The Villager (covering Ascot, Bracknell and their surrounding areas)
- Berkshire Media Group - Bracknell News (covering Bracknell and its surrounding areas)
- S & B Media Group - Bracknell Forest Standard
- Bayliss Media Group - Advertiser Series (Maidenhead Advertiser, Windsor Advertiser) - Express Series (Windsor Express, Slough Express)
- BBC Radio Berkshire
- Time 106.6 (Slough, Bracknell, Windsor)
- Welcome to Maidenhead & Windsor. (Website) Information about the Maidenhead & Windsor Schools, Businesses, Shops, Churches, Events, Windsor & Maidenhead Doctors and Dentists, Services, Clubs and Societies.
- Royal Windsor Website (Thames Web)
Parishes and Villages
- Colnbrook with Poyle
- Datchet Parish Council
- Eton Business Site
- Eton Town Council
- Old Windsor
- Wraysbury Community Site
- Wraysbury Parish Council
South East Region
- The NHS in Berkshire: including Strategic Health Authority and Primary Care Trusts
- Heatherwood & Wexham Park Hospital Trust
- Baby Bank - Charity provides help for new families suffering hardship and setting up for a new baby
- Datchet Community Action
- HACAN Clear skies - campaigns on aircraft noise from Heathrow
- Plastic Free Windsor - Surfers Against Sewage Plastic Pollution Campaign
- Save Jealots Hill - the campaign to stop a 2000 home new town at Jealots Hill
- Thames Awash - campaigns for flood relief in the lower Thames Valley
- West Windsor Community Hub - Covid Response Charity and Food Bank
- Wild About Datchet
- Wild Eton Wick - Environmental Campaign Group
- Wild Windsor - Environmental Campaign Group
- Wildlife in Ascot
- Windsor & Eton Society (WESOC) - Heritage Action Group
- windsor & Maidenhead Cycling Action Group - cycling campaign group
- Windsor Cycle Hub - Community Initiative Organisation promoting cycling
- Windsor Foodshare - Food Bank
- Windsor for EU - Brexit Campaign Group
Page last revised September 2021